On Wednesday, July 29 at 6pm, the Southborough and Northborough School Committees are having a special joint meeting via Zoom to discuss PK-8 school reopening plans in this time of COVID-19. No decisions will be made; we are discussing our options.
Things you need to know:
1) You must register in advance to attend the Zoom meeting! Register here.
2) You can submit questions and comments in advance to the school committees via email to SSC@nsboro.k12.ma.us (Southborough residents) or NSC@nsboro.k12.ma.us (Northborough residents). Please include your full name and street address. Submissions will be read into record. The Committee Chairs and the Superintendent will decide whether questions are answered during this meeting, or taken under advisement for follow-up during the next public meeting in which Reopening Plans are deliberated.
The agenda is below. Please note we are starting with an Executive Session, which is closed to the public. We expect to reconvene in public around 7pm.
I know EVERYONE is anxious to know what we are doing as a district. However, it’s not decision time; it’s discussion time. During the Wednesday night meeting we’ll discuss:
– Learning and teaching models for reopening: in-person learning, a hybrid in-person/remote version, full remote learning, and a stand-alone remote learning program
– Health and safety requirements and guidelines
– Student Support Services and English Language Development
– Technology, facilities, operations, transportation, food service, and more
We will NOT be making any decisions about what we’ll be doing as a district during this meeting. That will happen at a later meeting in August, TBD.
Please note that there is a similar meeting for the Regional (aka high school) School Committee on Friday, July 31, at 8am, with an Executive Session at the start of the meeting. You need to pre-register for this meeting, too. Info can be found here on the town website. I will be attending that meeting as a participant.
Expect more meetings and more opportunity for feedback in the near future.
I hope you can virtually join us on Wednesday night!